You can define two-keystroke keyboard shortcuts by using a combination of the user menu features and the keyboard mapping features. By default, CTRL+K is predefined for the first key of two-keystroke shortcuts using User Menu (1).
Some of the predefined shortcuts include:
CTRL+K, K Toggle Bookmark
CTRL+K, N Next Bookmark in this Document
CTRL+K, P Previous Bookmark in this Document
CTRL+K, L Clear All Bookmarks in this Document
CTRL+K, C Comment Selection
CTRL+K, U Uncomment Selection
In this list, the second key can be activated with or without CTRL key. For instance, the Toggle Bookmark command can be activated by pressing K with CTRL, and then K again with or without CTRL.
To add new two-keystroke shortcuts:
1. On the Help menu select Keyboard Map.
2. Click to select the All Configurations button on the Toolbar, if you want all of the configurations to use the same shortcuts (or deselect it to not use the same shortcuts).
3. Scroll down the list to User Menu (2) and double-click.
4. In the Configuration Properties, type a shortcut in the text box, Press a New Shortcut Key. For instance, CTRL+;.
5. Click the Assign button, and click OK.
6. Close the Keyboard Map window.
7. Next, on the Tools menu select Customize Menus.
8. Select User Menu (2) on the Menu to Customize list.
9. Click the Insert Right button.
10. In the Menu Properties, select a new command to assign a shortcut to.
11. On the Name text box, use & to specify a new shortcut key.
12. The character to the right of & specifies the second character.
For instance, if you want to add New and Paste command and set "N" as the second shortcut key:
1. Select File in the Category list.
2. Select New and Paste in the Command list.
3. Type &New and Paste in the Name text box.
4. Click OK.
Repeat this procedure to define as many commands as you prefer.
By default, the user menu will appear 1 second after the first key is pressed. Second shortcut keys work before the user menu appears. You can change the delay time for each user menu by adjusting the Delay Time slider on the bottom of the Customize Menus dialog box.